Over the years, a number of audio and audio-visual recordings have been made of me discussing or presenting my work. A selection of these are presented here.
- In 2010, when I was still at Florida State University, I gave this talk on Art and Geography at a TedX forum sponsored by Florida State’s Art Department:
- In 2012, I published a piece (with Elizabeth Nyman and Mauro Caraccioli) in Antipode titled ‘Atlas Swam: Freedom, Capital, and Floating Sovereignties in the Seasteading Vision‘. This is a companion video that I made for the Antipode website:
- In 2013, I was part of a plenary panel at the Arctic Circle conference in Reykjavik, Iceland, where I presented my proposal for the Northwest Passage to be designated as Territorial Sea, a proposal that was developed into a full article — ‘Steering Between Scylla and Charybdis: The Northwest Passage as Territorial Sea‘ — published in Ocean Development & International Law in 2014:
- I have written a number of pieces on the work of photographer and documentary film maker Allan Sekula (including a review of The Forgotten Space on the Society & Space blog, chapter in the books Cargomobilities: Moving Materials in a Global Age (2015) and Documenting World Politics: A Critical Companion to IR and Non-Fiction Film (2015), and an obituary posted on my blog). In this video, filmed at Nottingham Contemporary in 2013, cultural critic Sukhdev Sandu and I discuss Sekula’s work:
- Also in 2013 at Nottingham Contemporary I presented the following ‘walk-through’ of the Aquatopia exhibit that was then on display there:
- I further discussed the relationship between oceans, art, cartography, and representation at this talk given in 2015 at Baltic Gateshead, at a symposium accompanying an exhibit by artist Fiona Tan:
- ‘The Geography of Territory: Rethinking Space through Arctic Materialities’ is an audio-recording made at Oxford University in 2016. The talk largely presents a summary of my book Contesting the Arctic.